View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 05, 2005, 09:07am
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Re: the chance of a kid getting hurt dunking

Quote:
Originally posted by deecee
is the same as him during layup drills -- now a game being delayed because of a broken backboard sucks more for who the kids or for us (after all we arent paid by the hour) -- and when was the last time you say a backboard break in basketball -- what are the chances.

The only problem I have with pregame dunks is when said team is using it as intimidation and just acting like idiots -- but the spirit of basketball and all sports are to have fun -- theres a lot of stuff that would suck if someone got hurt but thats sport...you get hurt
This sounds alot like the crap you hear from coaches and fans when enforcing the rules.

"Awe, come on ref, let the kids play, your not the show!"

I had a coach get angry with me because we had a T on a kid for dunking in pre-game warmups. He was actually angry with me because his kid was a dumb a**. Normally I try to miss it because it happens so rarely, but I was looking right at the warm-up and the opposing coach looked right at me like with the expression of, aren't you going to take care of that. I had no choice that time.