View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
Originally posted by streamdoc
I think that this situation was mentioned somewhere below recently, or it could have been on the ASA Washington board. I'd say a ball hitting on the joint where the two bags touch is fair just if it hit the chalk line. The ball would be touching some portion of fair territory (a portion of the white bag). Similarly, if a ball bounds directly over the joint where the two bags touch and first lands in fair territory or on the right field chalk line, it would be fair just as if the safety bag was not there and the same situation occured. In the recent post I beloieve that the consensu was that the rule was not worded in the best way.
Not worded in the best way?

I hate this base, period. I think I've made that quite clear. However, the rules which apply to it are so simple, I don't understand why people try to overthink it to the point of making it difficult on themselves.
Mike:
I agree with Troy - this particular rule applying to the base is NOT worded well. It makes sence to me that it should be treated similar to hitting the chalk line... but the literal wording of the rule doesn't allow that. Hence my reasoning to post it here.

As far as the rest of the rules applying to the base, I didn't question them. Yes, they are fairly simple... but then again, not everyone has your years of experience with it. A lot of people look up to you for guidance - it would be appreciated if you didn't look down on them when giving it.