View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 03, 2005, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Originally posted by EMD

Three Man Mechanics:

My partners & I where discussing the benefits of standing opposite the pitchers throwing hand while in the either B or C position while using the Three Man Mechanics. I have always been instructed to set your self in B or C, regardless of the pitcher. The primary benefit that was described to me is that you will lessen your visibility from the batter because you are not standing directly behind the pitcher throwing arm.

IMO, the advent of the METAL bat has a lot to do with whether to stand in "B" or "C". If F1 lost a yard or 2 on his fastball and the batters are starting to pull the ball more I stand Opposite the batter's power alley, meaning if there is a lefty up then position "C" conversely position "B" for a righty.

I have had some close calls with the metal bats. You simply do not have as much time to react when there's a SHOT off a metal bat vs. wood. You are also in a "deeper" position when the particpants use metal as opposed to wood.

In Summary: the PBUC manual and other professional manuals on three person mechanics are based on the participants using wood vs. metal.

Pete Booth