View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 07:47pm
Official Forum Member

Cool Good Topic

Good question...............it can be tough to see the whole play (ball, F2 Set-up, and runner) with suggested mechanics............

I have been guilty a time or two of setting up a bit too close at plays at the plate..............oh well, even at other bases....................

Maybe back off a few feet to get a bit of a better look...........

I will go along with mc and Tex on this one.............I may not be able to define it in words..........but I will know it when I see it..................grin

When I coached.............I never taught my F2's to put themselves in harms way by blocking the plate prior to receiving the ball..............but there are many SB coaches out there that seem to have the MLB mentality that F2's job is to absolutely keep a runner from scoring.............no matter the danger.........by blocking the plate before the ball arrives............

Oldest (was) and youngest (is + F1) have played quite a few games as F2/F1 with no serious injuries.............and were/are pretty darn effective setting up the way their dear old dad taught them.............

JMHO

Joel