View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 02, 2005, 06:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonella
Languages are 18 because Ukraine has its own language. Very close to russian, but still different - as much as czech is different from slovak though very very similar!
Sorry, didn't know that fact. I've never been more east than Bulgary...

Quote:
BTW that umpire really show to the world he/she was not in control of that game (show to the world how NOT self-confident he/she was)! Just my opinion: you CAN control a game even if you don't understand what people around you are saying. And - as an umpire - you have to accept the fact people around you could tell/do/act thing you cannot understand. Games are for players/coaches etc. We are just in there to let the game flow according rules of softball and sportsmanlike conduct.
How true! I guess we all think that US-ump. made himself (and worse: all of us, umpires all over the world) look like a fool!!!

Quote:

P.P.S. I also hope a final game with Italy and Holland... but I also hope a different score than the BASEBALL final!!!! )
I really don't know how the baseball-final ended, by your remarks I think the Neth.'s won. I never cared much about baseball and I was on vacation in Danmark and Germany. Never read a newspaper nor listen to radio/TV on vacation.
Just learned the dutch lost against Greece; a team full with USA-girls with double nationality.
The dutch-team ain't that strong anymore since the older girls quit playing for the national team. A lot younger girls (or am I getting old?) are now playing. A final with the dutch is wishfull-thinking, but the tournament is still young. Let us see what the teams will do. As long as they enjoy the game, we will be there to work the games and share the fun!!!

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?