Quote:
Originally posted by lrpalmer3
For those that went (I did not):

What did you learn?
What did you like?
What did you dislike?
Are you going back next year?
How much money did you lose?
I went to Coast to Coast this year and it was well worth it for me. I think the best part for me was not only being exposed to the NBA officials and some of their philosophies, but also in watching and working with my fellow campers, who I learned from as well. Probably the two most useful things I learned were how to better break down my game tape as well as the inportance of demeanor on the court.

Technically, I think I like the NBA's rotations better than what I've been accustomed to. I think getting the lead in line with the ball constantly improves coverage. Also, they were big on having a high slot with high post play and for the trail coming well off the sideline. I like pretty much all the mechanics (except L picking up ball in corner below FT extended), a lot of which are in line with what I hear some college conferences are going to, and basically my only dislike is that we didn't get the whistle we were promised.

All in all, I'd like to go back next year, it was a great experience and I think it improved me as an official more so than any of the other camps I've attended this summer. And I ended up winning enough at the tables to cover my camp, so I'd recommend it.