View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 01, 2005, 01:42pm
Official Forum Member

Spectator Interference: (Yes this may be a somewhat loose interpretation but was fitting for the moment - another had to be there situation)

Is defined in USSSA:
Occurs when a person not engaged in the game toughes a live ball or thrown ball which could prevent a blocked ball to occur, or when a person not engaged in the game physically interferes with a Player's opportunities.

Now strictly speaking there wasnt "physical interference", however, 15 - 20 people yelling "Swing" or "Wiff" or other type of things specifically attempting to interfere with the players opportunity to hit the ball works for me.

You may think that it was unfair that I handled it this way. However, people that specifically announce they are rooting for one team are the responsibility of that team, whether they like it or not. If he doesnt want them doing it, he can tell them to stop. If they wont listen to him, then he can have the tournament director remove them.

I was tired of dealing with the BS and the only way to get it to stop was put it back on them "the fans".