View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 01, 2005, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Hey Mark,

To be honest, I was a little disappointed by the camp. I regularly work a college/university schedule, but I still came in with the expectation that the level of ball was going to be better for an under-17 AAU National Championships.

Don't get me wrong, I did come away with a few things to help my game, which I like and will incorporate, but with all due respect to Jacky and Donnie, I think from a camp perspective they could have added a few more touches.

For instance, they could only tape on one tape at a time, and we could have gotten our tapes dubbed but it was too hard trying to coordinate with the partner who had the game tape and Donnie. So I only came out of this camp with one taped game! Also, this is the first camp I've been to where they didn't provide at least one complimentary meal, have a shuttle to the game sites and/or a social.

I'm not going to go into all the details of the camp, but I would recommend this camp for people who are only working JV or varsity ball and not to college officials.

Good campers and staff made it worth it! Absolutely about who we meet in this avocation that lasts longer than what you learned at a camp.