Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Dexter
Quote:
Originally posted by Love this Game
I met him years ago and he is a joy to talk to and he will shoot the breeze with you and anyone for hours.

Somehow I doubt that applies if your name is "Bobby Knight."

to be honest Bobby and him dont have a issue, it is just that Bobby tries to get away with things and Ted is not trying to hear it.

I read a article when Bobbie has a lot of respect for Ted and the way he calls the game
Say what?

I've got Bobby Knight's recent autobiography in my library. Talking about officials, this is what he says about Ted Valentine:
"I like and respected a lot of guys. But my favorite was Charlie Fouty. And there's no question who's at the other end of that list; my least favorite. I have as little respect for Ted Valentine as any person I've ever known. I'll always feel he took an NCAA semifinal game away from us in 1992 at Minnesota, making our kids pay when- I don't think there's any question about it- he used me to gain recognition for himself. Then six years later, it cost me ten thousand dollars to tell the truth when I called the way he officiated in our 1998 Illinois game in Bloomington a travesty".

Knight's other comment in his book about Valentine also concerned that same Illinois game- "I'll stand by my comment: the way that guy worked that game was the greatest travesty I've ever seen by an official. And the three technical fouls- the first was absurd, the second even the Big Ten said should not have been called, and, because it meant ejection, it lead directly to the third".

Sure sounds to me like Knight still has some "issues" with Teddy Valentine.
I still think he is a great official, Bobbie Knight not liking him means nothing.

This man calls a great game, call him what you want and say what you want he is a great coach. What is the difference that B.K. punching his players, does that take away from his coaching.

I have seen many games called terribly.

I will use myself, this weekend I did a tournament, I gave one of the players and the coach a T on saturday.

I came back Sunday to do the the last 4 games including the Championsihp.

Who do you think was my first team i saw, it was the team that I gave the T to. They want to the tournament director and told him they did not want me to officiate there game because I did not like them.

First, Saturday is the first time i have seen this team in my life, so i really dont know them to dislike them. And what most people dont understand that as an official we have to let the previous game go and give them a clean slate, but do the coaches and players do that.

So they look for anything to pick abt.

I think that BK looks for things when TV does his games.

You dont have to like a person to officiate a great game for them. I think not liking them and still giving them a great game shows a lot of composure of a great official.

Tell me what do you think!!!!!

15 Year OHSAA BASKETBALL OFFICIAL
10 Year NSA Umpire