Thread: Move Up?
View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 03:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

You might have to explain to use what "Class 1 official" means. I know something about this because I have talked to people from Ohio, but I am not as familiar with how it relates to working varsity or lower level ball.

If all you want to work is JV ball, there is nothing wrong with that. What happens to many officials that do not want to move up is they do not keep their professionalism. Like was stated, guys I run into that feel that way often come dressed to games, do not use proper mechanics or any subscribed mechanics at all, do not attend camps, do not seek advice or work for more than the money only. This does not apply to everyone of course. But it seems to be the rule and not the exception. We have a promotion process as well and we have officials that never move up through that process. Many officials in your situation might work, but they are not going to get games from certain assignors because they are not considered officials that desire to move up. Now if you are happy with that level of officiating, that is certainly your right. But understand that other officials might work games you will not because you are not trying to move through that process.

Peace