View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 27, 2005, 01:46pm
Official Forum Member

Post Officiating.com

I am in group "b".

I stopped subscribing because most of the information I receive through other means: forums, training, other umpires, and official communications.

Although that is the main reason, I am also distressed at the attitude of the people involved with the paid site toward small diamond umpires. It would seem to me that you would want to cultivate those people and help them to develop into proficient umpires for the organizations they currently work for and assist them to progress into a higher level, both as an umpire and the games they are calling. These are the people that will end up benefitting the most from a site like this and will eventually be contributors themselves, helping newbies because they remember where they started and in what areas they struggled the most.

What would bring me back would be a higher standard of quality in the articles (I agree with the person that said newer umpires may assume that if it is written in a paid article on Officiating.com, it must be valuable and correct), a change of attitude that values ALL umpires of ALL levels and organizations, and information in articles that is hard to find elsewhere (comparisons of methods, mechanics, interpretations, and organizations, etc.).

I think a great idea would be a comments section (HIGHLY MODERATED) attached to each article, so people would be able to express their opinions and viewpoints regarding the article (in a VERY RESPECTFUL MANNER).

Just my two cents...

Greg Owens