View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 26, 2005, 01:26pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanFitzRef
JRut,

Why not two-whistle as well? The lead can see the play in his primary and communicate with this signal to his partner without losing his perspective on his primary. I think it would be more necessary in two-whistle over three.
I do not call a lot of two whistle games any more (at least not in real games). When I do work two person there is not many situations where a Trail official cannot see a tipped pass. The Trail and the Center officials both have certain responsibilities with the division line. If both officials are doing their job, it is really possible that one of the officials will not see how the ball got to the back court and make an improper call. Of course you can come back and talk to your partner and straighten it out. I just see nothing wrong with a brief signal to let your partner know that initially that the ball was tipped away by the defensive team. I have had partners come to me and try to get me to change a BC violation when they did not see what I saw as I was in the Trail position. So coming together and talking does not guarantee that something is going to be changed.

Peace