View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

Actually Lawrence, in the USSSA rulebook it states under rule 9.02:

"Any player, coach, or parent/fan, whose conduct is unbecoming or abusive will, at minimum, be warned and may be removed from the playing field and/or stands at the discretion of the tournament officials and/or umpires."

You say to let the tournament directors handle this...well lets see. You have to pause the game and go find the tournament director and point out to them the parent/fan whom you want to leave. I'd say this is the exact same thing as throwing somebody out. There's just no way around it. For example: the other day at the 10 year old AABC regionals I was PU. There was a runner on 1st base that stole and the catcher throws down and the runner is barely safe. Well, of course, the team in the field thought he was out so one of the dad's on the side of the fence climbs halfway up and screams at the top of his lungs: "You stink blue, what the hell kind of a damn call was that?"

He had to go Lawrence. No questions asked. And you know who took care of it? My partner, not the tournament director. My partner threw him out and the tournament director made sure he left. That's just the way I've always seen it. The tournament director wasn't down there and he didn't hear it. So do we just ignore this? Of course not! Do we leave it up to the tournament director? Heck no! The tournament director backs us up 100% or he knows he will lose some umpires. There are just too many objections to your point.