View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 25, 2005, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
You could use your middle finger extant for the team control foul signal. As long as everyone in your state is also using the same finger, apparently that's fine with Mary Struckhoff.

Seriously, I can't see anything the matter with using the NCAA Woman's "punch", as long as everyone in your area is also using it. I imagine that, somewhere along the line, one of the high foreheads at the FED will tell us what signal that they want us to use though.
Sigh...can't use the middle finger signal because that's the signal I use to respond to the coach's, "You'll never work here again" comments.

"One of the high foreheads at the FED" - is that the same as, "pencil-headed geeks"? Or are we talking about a slightly different usage here? Anyway, whoever they are, I hope they come up with something. Don't get me wrong, I love the change, but I'm worried that the time saved by not shooting FT's will be more than used up by conferences, huddles, and explanations trying to figure things out, especially by the less-experienced officials.

(Used with permission.)