View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 24, 2005, 12:57pm
Elaine "Lady Blue" Elaine
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Talking

It's been 95,96 degrees here in Atlanta with plenty of humidity; and many tournaments are being played because it's that time!
I was sitting in my air conditioned house thinking about softball and the games I called and the games that DD played for years and thanking God I was not out in this heat.
Of course I thought about all of you out there sweating and and induring for the love of the game, so I thought I'd say "Hello" and let you know I'm still alive! LOL
Since I retired in 2002, I've thought several times about umpiring again, and probably would have this year...but that was not to be after last year's 18 Gold here in Atlanta Metro. (I'm sure many of you remember the fiasco about the thread on this board)
Unfortunately, I'm still living in Lilburn, GA and not beloved Daytona Beach, FL where I and hubby want to be. We haven't let go of the dream, it'll just take a little longer.
However, I do miss umpiring, do miss being with fellow umpires, do miss the girls in FP, do miss the game.
I DON'T miss SP and the 'Bubbas', the bad coaches, disgruntled parents, uncaring TD's, sloppy umpires, and the HEAT & HUMIDITY.
KUDOS to all of you, I know how rewarding and sometimes hard it is to umpire. I LOVE Y'ALL!!!!

Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995