View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 21, 2005, 05:04am
Huck Finn

Quote:
Originally posted by refTN
I have done about 65 middle school REGULAR SEASON games, and no varsity high school REGULAR SEASON games to answer your question.

[Edited by refTN on Jul 20th, 2005 at 08:51 PM]
How many times have you been to an SEC camp?
Has coach Guthrie given you any games in any of his leagues?
If so, which league?

I'm asking because I know a lot of guys who work for coach Guthrie and I know some guys who were at IIOC this year. You may very well be a natural on the court. However, the odds are always against that so if we are to go with the odds you have a lot to learn. Middle school games can be fun but they still don't have the atmosphere of a high school game. Of course a high school game doesn't have the atmosphere of a college game either. Your story could very well play out that you never do a high school varsity game but I doubt it.

When you go to these camps, what makes you so special? At this point you should know what the evaluators and your mentor have told you that makes you good. We have to stand out and when someone watches you for five minutes they will not be able to see the fact that you know the rules and they surely will not be able to see unique mechanics if you are like many others in the system. I don't think you will take that question the wrong way because I know you have been to camp and everything isn't roses there.

I would have thought you had at least some high school experience. Oh, well.