View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 20, 2005, 01:57pm
Official Forum Member

I am stealing this thread from another board. It made me think and that is dangerous for me so I wanted to see if I was on the right page.

Situation BR heading to first, hard bunt hits glove and bounces toward plate going right at batter, who avoids fielder and ball by almost stoping and heading to foul territory continuing on to first. Fielder get control of ball and throws runner out by 2 steps.

Now thoughts on OBS or INT on this play. 1st I don't think you can have OBS on this play as fielder is going after a batted ball, and even though she defected it that fielder had the opportunity to make an out. So question #1 is it agreed there would be no OBS on this play, assumming she was the only fielder involved and she had the best chance to get an out.

Interference: The BR is liable to get called for interference if she does anything intentional, as it is a deflected batted ball. In this case she did not so no INT, but it would be possible if those criteria were met. Q2 Am I thinking right?