View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 20, 2005, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by John Robertson
As we all know many tournament games (and some league games) are subject to time limits. Often though, it isn't made clear in league or tournament rules as to when this time actually starts.
John
Rule 5 Sec 10 was changed this year. It now says "When the time limit is in effect, the time begins with the first pitch". This is for championship play and local leagues may adopt something different. The biggest problem I sometimes used to face in league play was that some home teams would take their sweet time getting on the field after the conference. The coaches would huddle up the team for a pep talk or the girls would circle up and start doing a cheer. So in order to get the game started on time this is what I now do. At the conclusion of the pre game I tell the coaches that game time will start with either the first pitch or the scheduled game time, which ever comes first. That statement tends to motivate the home coach to get the players on the field quickly which promotes keeping the league games that follow your game on schedule.