View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 20, 2005, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhkay, I take it all back.

But the play you describe - "B shoves the ball out of bounds, and A reaches for it, and just barely tips it..." is COMPLETELY different than B slapping A's hand, causing the ball to go OOB - and frankly, I can't believe you don't believe the two are different!

I know what you are saying about the direct interpretation of the rule - then again, if you adopt my interpretation of "hand is part of the ball", it's not an issue

Regardless, I defy anyone to identify an evaluator or top official - at any level - who would want us to give the ball to Team B if the play happened as described - B1 SLAPPING A1'S HAND, FORCING THE BALL OOB.

I've got a cold beer (a Canadian one, not that coloured tap water you guys suck back ) that says you won't find one.

If that play happens, and you give it to B, I think any evaluator is going to at least question you about it - they'll remember it as "the play when Coach A went ballistic". And if you give the explanation you're giving here, I'm thinking they will have MORE questions.

Incidentally, I'm with tomegun - I can't believe this thread is so long !!

[Edited by canuckrefguy on Jul 20th, 2005 at 02:00 AM]