View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 16, 2005, 08:59pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Back In The Saddle

As to it being good defense, if you are saying it's "good defense" for B to knock the ball away from A by hitting A's hand while it's on the ball, we have very different definitions of good defense. How can you call B hitting A intentionally good defense?
I'm not talking about hitting. I guess I'm not making myself clear. I'm talking about the play where B tries to tap? bump? guide? the ball away from A, and in the process B provides the force for the ball to go oob, but does it without ever touching the ball. It's a play on the ball, and the contact is incidental to the play, and A is the last one to touch, so B gets the ball for a throw-in. What's not to like?
It's kinda hard imo to say the contact was "incidental" when B ended up gaining a definite advantage from the contact.

Incidental contact is something that doesn't affect a play. I don't think you can say that about B's contact in this particular play. The contact made A lose possession of the ball.

That's what I don't like and that's why I wouldn't give B the ball for a throw-in.