View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 15, 2005, 07:47am
Official Forum Member

In my earlier career I used to be "Mr. Nice Guy" meaning I would start the game without getting my FEE and was told "Blue it's coming"

As the game went along, you would then have a problem with the coach (who was responsible for the FEE), meaning on the verge of tossing him and then you have to ask him for your FEE - Not a good idea.

In addition, at least this summer thunder storms have been the norm at least in the East. Some leagues play by FED rules and here in NY we have a lightening rule that states every-time we see it (no matter how far away), the game will stop for 30 minutes. In addition the clock ticks with each strike meaning suppose there was only 5 minutes left from the original 30 and we saw lightening again, then the 30 minutes starts over again.

What the aforementioned means is that if you didn't get your FEE "up front" you now have to go "chasing" a coach to get it.

Therefore, the plate conference goes something like this.

1. Coach what rules are we playing by today
2. Take us around
3. Teams properly equipped
4. Pay or No Play - simple as that

From my experience trying to be Mr. Nice guy as Leo Derosher once said means you finish last.

I have gone to games in which it was evident that the conditions were unplayable, told the Home Coach or TD, that they can save 1/2 FEE by calling the game now or once we take the field it becomes a Full Game FEE. They declined and as soon as the line-up cards were exchanged and we got our FEE - Game Over and then you start hearing it. Now I say nothing.

Therefore, in Summary, Do not be Mr. Nice Guy when it comes to getting your FEE or trying to save the teams money.

Pete Booth