View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 12, 2005, 09:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by theboys
Hey, Rainmaker.

Actually, the coach is a good guy. I was shocked that he pulled the stunt, because he's generally a very good role model for the kids. At a tournament in Houston, our two star players were late for a morning meeting, so he sat them the first half of the first game that day. We've had other issues with prima donna players, and he's taken the "right" approach, even at the risk of losing the players. Not having seen that kind of behavior before, I chalk it up to one of those things that you look back on, shake your head, and mumble to yourself, "what was I thinking?".

Thanks for asking, though. Over the years, we've crossed paths with a lot of coaches I wouldn't let my son play for, even if it meant a guaranteed scholarship. I'm a parent/fan/coach, but even I have morals! :-)
Yea, anyone can have a nasty moment. It's perfectly understandable. Not that it's not important, but it's forgivable if it's just once in however many years. I'm glad you're careful about who coaches your kid. It's very, very important!