View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 04, 2001, 10:11am
Official Forum Member

Re: thanks everybody

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
Just so you know, the batteries are not movable from unit to unit, so we couldn't have one charged to pop in after the first 4 hours, and we never use these where there is no power, like outside, so I guess we'll go with the A/C units. I thought that was what we would wind up with, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
If you should ever think you might need to operate these units where there isn't AC, check into an "Inverter". These little units will convert DC to AC. They have outputs that can range from 300 to 1700 Watts which should be pretty close to what your score boards are operating at. Price range at these wattages are approximately $45.00 to $550.00. And it's not too hard finding at least a dozen websites that sell them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett

Even though these are just kids, we always buy wide channel, since we think they give more control while dribbling and passing. Maybe that's just a unwarranted perception, but everyone here seems to think they're better.
If I'm not mistaken, the big boys, in tennis and baseball, use those channels to slow the ball down for a good look. I don't believe it's an unwarranted perception. While they may offer better physical control, they may also offer better visual control.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he could be gone every weekend.