View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 06:39pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
I know this is an agree to disagree thing. But I don't think my position is that far off-base. In the first five minutes, I almost always call more on both teams than I do by the end of the game. But I'm talking about moving the line an inch or two, not a yard, or even a foot. Near the end of a blow-out, the team that's ahead is getting a lot more advantage from their fouls than the team that's behind. So their contact is more likely to really be a foul. I'm not seeing ghosts, and I'm not making it up. If there's no contact, there's no foul. The dinkiest, rinky-dink contact still isn't a foul. But if A1 bumps the cutter a little, and it throws the cutter off her course, so that she can't catch the pass, however slight the bump, that contact is a foul, and needs to be called. The fact that any player from Teams C, D, E, F, and all the other teams in the league, could easily have played through that contact is immaterial to the situation. The contact was illegal and made B's play fail, so it's a foul. I don't see why that's favoring one team.