View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 04, 2001, 12:56am
certified Hot Mom tester

Smile thanks everybody

As I expected, your input was very helpful. Just so you know, the batteries are not movable from unit to unit, so we couldn't have one charged to pop in after the first 4 hours, and we never use these where there is no power, like outside, so I guess we'll go with the A/C units. I thought that was what we would wind up with, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

As to the balls, we have the opportunity to get those composites that don't get slippery. In fact, this catalog even has a "junior" size that is one inch smaller than the woman's ball, and we're going to get that size just for 3rd grade.

Even though these are just kids, we always buy wide channel, since we think they give more control while dribbling and passing. Maybe that's just a unwarranted perception, but everyone here seems to think they're better.

We're going to donate the old scoreboards to the school district along with some of the old balls. We will also give some of the balls to a local non-profit that owns and manages some low-income housing projects that have a lot of kids who would love some basketballs.