View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dribble
Quote:
Originally posted by refnrev
I'm in shock!
Despite what just transpired I think you have to regain your composure fast enough to hit your whistle as soon as you see him signal or hear him say, "Block!"

Assuming your interpretation is correct, then everyone in the gym except your partner saw the play properly and now everyone thinks the officiating crew is crap. You need to restore your integrity ASAP by calling a conference (even if it's after he's reported to the table).

After you pass on info that your partner may not have seen(i.e. defender had LGP and offensive player dipped his shoulder) it'll still be up to him to reverse his call, but at least you can strongly suggest that it should've been a charge.

Be prepared to go to the opposing coach though to do some damage control now that the call went against him, but if he saw the play correctly and has some decency, then it won't be too bad.
That's a horrible idea, if you yell Block and he signals PC then you have to report a blarge. Not only that reversing your call just looks horrible and if I'm the coach I'm going to use this to my advantage and ask why his judgement is no better than yours. You will most likely end up giving a technical foul and possibly ejecting a coach because you decided you would attempt to fix the situation.