View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 11, 2005, 02:34pm
certified Hot Mom tester

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
What happened to the theory of "if a foul is a foul at the beginning, it's a foul at the end - if it isn't, then it isn't"? [/B]
It just went down the sh!tter along with the allied concepts of calling it both ways, calling it the same at either end, being fair, not injecting your own philosophies into the game, not favoring one team over another, etc., etc.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Thank you, JR. In a rec league, I might say something to the coach of a team way up late who is still pressing, but that's about as far as I will take it.

If anyone really feels that a team doing this is unsportsmanlike, then call a technical for unsportsmanlike conduct. Since we all know this wouldn't fly, IMO (notice I never say IMHO ) where is the logical extension of making calls a certain way in this circumstance because you think one team is acting in an unsportsmanlike manner?

In other words, the rulebook doesn't state this is unsportsmanlike play, so we shouldn't take it upon ourselves to make calls a certain way because we think so.

Perhaps the solution would be to add a rule that makes it a violation (or technical after a warning) if a team presses after they get a certain lead.