View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 01, 2001, 01:12am
certified Hot Mom tester

Question

Even though this is not a referee question, I could use some advice. As I have stated before, I am on the board of our local rec league. We have about 120 teams in grades 3-8, both boys and girls. We have some cash to spend to buy new equipment and we need some portable scoreboards and basketballs. We have decided on the type of portable scoreboard and only have to decide between two almost identical models. This is where I could use some input.

One model runs strictly off of AC power, while the other has a rechargable battery that lets it run for 4 hours. It also runs off AC power. Our game days usually run about 8 hours, so I can't see much advantage in getting the rechargable ones, and we don't have any problems in gyms with running cords to plugs, although it would be nice if we didn't have to. The price difference is about $150 more for those (we are probably buying 5 or 6). Can anyone think of a good reason to get the rechargable ones? Frankly, the money is not really an issue, since we are very cash heavy at this time and need to reduce our cash, because we are a non-profit.

I could also use some opinions on leather vs. composite balls. These would be strictly for indoor use, sometimes on wood floors, sometimes on composition floors. Again, price is not really an issue.

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks guys (and you too, Juulie).