View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 05, 2005, 08:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JugglingReferee
Quote:
Originally posted by ref18
The under 19 Canada Cup is being held in Waterloo, a city not too far from where I am and I was lucky enough to get a couple of games in the tournament.

The game went really well, it got a bit scrappy near the end, but I managed to get by with no live ball fouls, only procedures, offsides and one Facemask call. A pretty good game...
...or so I thought...
Now the home team, which also happens to be the local team was loosing by about a touchdown in the dying seconds of the game. According to them, the clock ran when it shouldn't have, which led to us, the officials, costing them the game. Now none of the on-field officials can verify this, nor can the 5 evaluators who watched from the press-box so after a lengthly conference we decided the game is over. Now as I'm walking back to the dressing room which involves going under the stands, we are getting boo-ed and having stuff thrown down on us.

Other than that it was an awesome day, I was LJ and someone else from this forum was accross from me at HL, we did a good job, and I even saw him show the crew a real life example of capitalism .

Man I love this job
Ouch! I am sorry to hear the ugly ending, ref18. I hope your next one goes well.
ROTFLMFAO