Thread: 10u pitchers
View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 05, 2005, 12:49am
Official Forum Member

Hey Mac,

I can add to this subject forever.
10U throwing 50......oh yeah!

But before I go any further let me say that every time I "gun" a pitcher my gun is always wrong according to everyone around me unless my gun reads the same as theirs. Regardless if mine reads faster or slower, it's always wrong. I've had two guns and I'll be danged if both of them weren't wrong right out of the box. (ha ha)

My daughter is now 13.
She has been pitching since she was 10.
I have been her trainer most of the time.
Yes, I pitch. (when my 50 year old bones let me)

When she was playing her first year of 10U she started out throwing the 11" ball a blistering 35 mph and weighted 58 lbs. Woooooo.
In her second 10U year she jumped to 42 mph and weight in at 68 lbs.

A friend of hers who she teamed with when picking up now and then was throwing 53 mph and weighted 100 lbs.

In her first year of 12U she dropped to 39 mph with the 12" ball but came up quickly to 46 mph and weighted 82 lbs.
During her second 12U year she reached 51 mph and is now throwing 52-53 mph on a good shot while weighting in at 94 lbs. (not a big girl)
She does very well on the corners and has some junk pitches as well.

Of course there are several around us throwing a little over 55 but they are bigger.

I have heard the over-60 at 10U before myself but never seen it which don't mean it don't happen. There are some big, strong girls out there that are only 12 years old.

Our high school sling-shot here was throwing 60+ when she was 14 and I belive that is not unheard of.

Take it all with a little salt and doubt nothing till you see it proven or disproved. Our young athletes can amaze when you least expect it.

Coach12