View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 04, 2005, 03:22pm
Official Forum Member

Question

Here is one I would like to have a Blue view on.

10U Fast-Pitch girls tournament.
We were the out-of-towners.
We had the lead by 4 runs in the 3rd inning.

1. I had a runner on first wanting to steal so bad she could not stand still and we felt the catcher's power was weak.
2. The defense and their coach knew my runner was ready to go and she was fast. I had given her and my 1st base coach the go signal.
3. Prior to the pitch their 2nd baseman began to fade back to cover a throw-down.
4. On the throw-down the short-stop came over to take it but the throw was short, although in line. Being young and inexperienced she ran up to take the throw rather than holding her ground at the base.
5. For some reason the 2nd baseman charged back into the infield and blocked (I belive accidently) my runner allowing the short-stop time to come over and make the tag in the middle of the wreck. Neither my runner nor the 2nd baseman fell down.
6. My runner was called out by the field official so I appealed the call to the plate umpire. He said he didn't see the play. whuh?

note: my runner was not close enough to slide (maybe 12-15 feet away) and the 2nd baseman came into her path quickly and unexpectedly.
I just let it go for lack need to push it and we won anyway.

???Hey Blue...was my runner blocked or just out???