Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 05:54am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by drinkeii
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by drinkeii

I complained a number of times, until he came over and told me I needed to be quiet or I would get thrown out.
And as an official, you thought that a girl yelling "ball, ball, ball" was unsporting?

Physician, heal thyself.

Also known as "buh-bye, credibility".

You knew you had uncertified, untrained officials doing your game. Instead of doing the obvious and complaining to the person who was saving the bucks by hiring those non-officials in the first place, you'd rather put on a show from the bench.

Lah me.
Had you read the complete post, you would have realized that I did not know it was a non-certified official until 3 days later when his partner approached me and apologised. Had I known at the time, I would have gone to the person in charge and complained. I assumed, at the time, I was just dealing with an official who was not very good, not a non-official. As for unsportsmanlike, I don't feel as a coach asking the officials to make calls to keep the players safe is out of line, especially when I was not using any kind of inappropriate language or comments. That is all I was doing - complaining about a lack of extremely obvious calls by one official.
I read the first complete post. I read this complete post too. I formed the identical conclusion from both.

Keep up the open and public complaining about the officials, coach. Don't come here and whine if you get your butt tossed though. It's what you deserve.

Lah me.