View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 03, 2005, 01:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by drinkeii
So I guess, in the end, you're stuck with whatever officials you end up with as a coach, or whatever partners you end up with as an official, and there's nothing you can do about it. That is the gist of what you're saying.
Unless you have some influence that most of us do not have, then the answer is a big fat YES!!

Quote:

I guess it's just me, then, that has a problem with this attitude. When you choose to do something, you should do it because you want to, and do it well. Not do it so you can take home large amounts of money regardless of whether you do a good job or not.
I did not say you are the only person with this feeling. I am saying that there is not a lot you can do about it by complaining here. If you feel there is a problem, take it to the people that assign the games or run the tournament. If they trust your opinion, maybe things will change. If they do not trust your opinion, then things will stay the same. The reality is assignors are only going to do so much during the summer. Many times the same assignors I deal with during the summer are not the same people I deal with during the regular season. The assignors I work with during the summer just want to fill the games. They are not as concerned as who works the games. Maybe that is very similar to your area.

Quote:
Maybe that's my opinion because I have a job that I enjoy. I officiate because I enjoy it. If I don't enjoy doing something, I do my best at it, and choose not to do it again. That's all.
OK.

Peace