View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 02, 2005, 10:00am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tomegun
This is a cop out that so many people take! Knowing some of the guys I've seen do this brings one word to mind, ridiculous! I'm not speaking for anybody except those I've seen in the past do this; they didn't have any guts and that is why they chose this way out!
Tomegun, I am totally with you on this one. I had a game last weekend I was the lead my trail called a BI when this guy slaped the backboard so hard it shook.

It was in the first half so at half time we talked abt it, I asked him about it and he said he was going to call a T but did not want to upset the coach.

I told him who cares if he is upset. I told him either make the correct call or dont call anything. but i told him that if you make the corect call now you are going to have to explain why you did not call it that way the first half.

And sure as my name is chris, same play, same player, and all three officals were in the same position. And we both looked at him as he blew his whistle and hit them with a T.

The coach went crazy, but i knew he knew it was teh right call but because he called it the other way the first time he was just trying him.

But I do agree dont be scared to make that call that does not please the crowd or coaches who cares.

15 Year OHSAA BASKETBALL OFFICIAL
10 Year NSA Umpire