Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by VaLadyRef

Quote:
Originally posted by VaLadyRef

Why and in what situation would you not consider a hard push flagrant?
Why would a hard push be a flagrant foul? Intentional I'd agree with, but rarely flagrant. Flagrant must truely be outrageous or with the intent to harm. A hard push just may be an overboard failed attempt to play basketball.

Now, grabbing the player and slamming them to the floor...flagrant.

[Edited by Camron Rust on Jun 30th, 2005 at 09:33 PM]
In the situation that Lukealex describes, "A1 is talking, being cocky, well deserving of a T. He gets one, but right after the T was called B1 pushed A1 hard, so the flagrent was given to B1.", the push occurred while the ball was dead, and I would not interpret that as an attempt to play basketball...I should have clarified my question, in regards to the ball being dead.

Not sure what you're getting at here. If the ball is dead and you call a contact foul, then that foul must be either an intentional or flagrant technical foul by definition. It's up to the calling official's judgement as to what type of T he's gonna choose. [/B][/QUOTE]

What she's getting at is to agree with you and disagree with Camron. He said this could just be a rough and tumble basketball play. She's saying the ball was dead, so there's no way this is basketball. She's saying that since the ball is dead, the foul has to be either intentional or flagrant, as you said. Doesn't it feel good to have someone on your side for once?