View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 01, 2005, 01:32am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Padgett will jump in here pretty soon and tell about a guy here in Portland who gives T's for yelling "SHOT!!" right as the shooter goes up. It doesn't matter how many times you tell him it's not illegal, and he shouldn't call it that way. When he gets the chance, he warns and then T's.

I've noticed a lot more boys yelling, "Ball, Ball, Ball..." this year than I remember in other years. Also this year, girls are yelling, "Dead! Dead! Dead!..." or as someone else pointed out, "Tight, Tight, Tight..." A think a little variety makes it much more palatable. Next year, I hope a team or two will have some rhythm added in, and maybe get the crowd to join in. Really get the gym rockin'!

Here's another "verbal tactics" sportsmanship question. Is it illegal for the opponent to yell, "Shoot!" at the ball-handler? It seems pretty unsportsmanlike to me, but I've never seen anyone call it. I'm not talking about the fans, I'm talking about the players on the floor, or sometimes the bench. How do others handle this?