View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 30, 2005, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to SoCalUmp Send a message via Yahoo to SoCalUmp
Quote:
Originally posted by brian1974
Is anyone else surprised that since he was rehired by MLB, Joe West has been given so many high profile assignments - crew chief during the regular season, two LCS in a row, and now home plate for the all star game. When MLB accepted his resignation in 1999 he was not exactly in the good graces of MLB and he was never exactly beloved by the players.

Although I have always liked Joe West as an umpire (I have always considered him one of the most consistant ball/strike umpires), I am a bit surprised that he has been given the high profile assignments in recent years. Make no mistake, I do believe the assignments are deserved, I am just surprised that MLB has recognized this.

Now, another question - what does Joe Brinkman have to do to get back into the LCS or World Series. I think Brinkman has greatly improved the last two years since he changed from the knee position. Anyone else notice that he has also showed more enthusiasm when on the bases as well? I guess I am a bleeding heart and think he has earned a shot at redemption as well.
Not at all, he is one of the best B/S umpires around (IMO) and gets more sh*t then he deserves. ANd not to mention....he is "The Cowboy!"

[Edited by SoCalUmp on Jul 1st, 2005 at 12:10 AM]