Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckElias
Quote:
Originally posted by regas14
If everyone in the gym knows they are going to purposely foul then the only differentiation between an intential foul and a non-intentional foul is a token swipe at the ball?
Despite Jurassic's indignation, this is essentially true. If you make a play at the ball, then the foul will be called common; even when everyone knows it was done to stop the clock.

If you grab the player, or push (especially from behind), without even trying for the ball, then it's much more likely to be intentional.

I'm not sure why that particular comment provoked JR's ire.
It just ain't that damn simple, Chuck. It depends on what other acts are involved during that "token swipe at the ball". If the defender puts a dribbler in the 3rd. row while making a "token swipe at the ball", then are you trying to tell me that's a "non-intentional foul"? If the defender grabs a handful of shirt and spins the dribbler while making a "token swipe at the ball", then is that always a "non-intentional foul" also?

Btw, care to comment on some of his other criteria? How about the one where trying to "hurt/punish" a player is an intentional foul?

See, Regas? He snarls at everyone. Don't take it personally.
Juulie, that isn't a snarl. That's an explanation/question. Big difference. You may be mistaking "disagreement" with "curmudgonous".
Okay, fine. I'm going to go over there in my cave and get back in touch with my inner male. See if he can tell me the difference between snarl and disagreement. Maybe take a nap or something.