View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:45am
Official Forum Member

http://eteamz.active.com/fastpitch/b...cfm?id=1333692

What price protection?

Somehow we MUST assure our children are protected from US.
The above link happened in my territory! Don't know if I have ever run across this guy, or team, but I easily could have. This can also be found anywhere!

I can assure you I have the kids safety and well being as an utmost priority. I have kids of my own, (hoping for grand ones someday), and dearly love being around children, and having them around me. There is no way in the world I would ever endanger a child.

How do you know that to be true?

I'm certain those who post on this board, and most of those involved with the kids can say the same as what I stated above.

How would we know that to be true?

The fact is, in the last few months or so, not so far from my home, there have been teachers, school administrators, day care providers, etc arrested for harming children. Those have already had the background check!

This new FL law may be a "knee jerk" reaction to Jessica's plight, but is it overboard? I really don't believe it is. I am not convinced background checks alone will solve the problem of abuse of children, but it may at the least help somewhat. It is my understanding the accussed killer of Jessica HAD a background check, was a registered sex offender yet was able to gain access to her.

It is a shame that so few have created the need for this concern, but the reality is there. What other options does government have to try and insure safety? Stronger punishment I think would be a deterent, yet many do not agree. Background checks alone are not enough, as seen in Jessica's case.

What can be done to keep our kids safe from predators? and What limit do we put on costs?

There is no simple answer.