View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 29, 2005, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Scott,

You have some good points here that generally fall into the "unfunded mandates suck" category. I also feel strongly about our constitutional rights, and feel that they should never, ever be violated by processes designed to protect. In other words, if a process is designed to protect individuals (our kids in this case) but violate the constituional rights of others (officials in this case) then we, as a society are no better for it. However, from what I've seen on this law, I don't feel that it violates anybody's rights. It just makes it inconvenient, and a bit costly to do our work. I'm the father of 2 (4yo boy & 6mo old girl). If just one wacko, pervert is kept out of reach of my kids, I'll gladly pony up the money to work where I choose to work. And let's not forget, we choose to provide this service. If you choose not to work in an area because of the cost of doing business, then that's fine. Now, that being said - back to my first sentence. I think we all could agree that finding ways to fund this process without passing the cost on to those of us that are providing a service to the kids and the community would be best, but that just isn't how things go.

Putting on flame retardant suit now.