View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 27, 2005, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ljudge
Actually it doesn't address the situation because the acceptance of the foul would have given a safety so you would need to pick somehow between 1/2 the distance penalty on a try vs. a safey...you can't have both. So in this specific situation you have had to decline the penalty to keep the TD (to avoid the safety). If the hold had occurred at the 1 yard line is where my question really is. Would B need to decline to keep the TD? In the prior rule the answer was yes and it was automatic. In the current rule it appears as though it would be a 1/2 the distance penalty. According to the rules the foul against A (again, holding at the 1) is permitted to be enforced on B's try and the rules support that.

So with that added variable am I correct in that it's still a 1/2 distance penalty for B on the try?
I think you need to describe your entire play again. It seems to me that you have two different plays going on here. My explaination above fit your play but now you have things happening in the end zone and apparently multiple fouls.