View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 22, 2001, 10:50am
Administrator

Brian,

I am one of the addicts I guess. Since I live on the Ohio/Michigan state line I am registered in both Ohio and Michigan. That means my 2001-02 season starts in less that two weeks because Michigan plays its girls' H.S. season in the Fall, and I work every level from jr. H.S. thru varsity.

Then comes the normal season for boys' in Michigan and boys' and girls' in Ohio, and once again i will officiate every level from jr. H.S. thru varsity as well as mens' and womens' college jr. varsity. I will also officiate CYO on Sunday afternoon.

When Spring comes I will officiate in the Ohio Special Olympics State Tournament and a AAU type tournament just about every weekend. When June comes it will be summer leagues just about every night. And when July comes I will go to Florida for the YBOA Boys' and Girls' National Tournaments.

And when the end of next August comes the cycle will start all over again.

And I also forgot to add the time I spend teaching an OhioHSAA certified basketball officiating course, attending local meetings as a rules interpreter, and attending IAABO national meetings.

Yes, you could say that I officate a lot of games because I love to officiate basketball. I am and addict and I admit.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio