View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 20, 2005, 12:08pm
Official Forum Member

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to work my first tournament. The past 4 summers, I had just been working rec ball in my town, but I decided it's time to start taking this to the next level. This is also my first experience calling for completely unfamiliar teams (everything else I've done always involved a hometown team). Did 2 games Friday and 4 on Saturday. It was an absolute blast. Never have I enjoyed myself more on a ballfield than I did for those two days.

I figured it would be a bit rougher seeing as these were teams that were of a slightly higher caliber than I had previously umpired for. However, I think things actually went smoother. I had 2 obstruction calls and 2 catcher's interference calls (those were the only non-ordinary calls) and not once did I have to explain anything. The entire experience was great and in the future, I look forward to doing many more summer tournaments while finishing up school. Thanks for all the help you have all provided me with on this board as it has helped me develop into the blue I am today.

-Josh