View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 19, 2005, 11:21pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to drumbum565
K in the federation rulebook rule 10,section 1, article 2

"Umpire jurisdiction begins upon the umpires arriving at the felid (with in the confines of the field) and ends when the umpires leave the playing field at the CONCLUSION of the game"

I am currently umpiring for a high school age league and I am umpiring for a team this Thursday that I have had a history with. Most of the people on the team didn’t like me before i ejected their pitcher. Anyways all of the umpires for the 7+ fields in this park meet at a shed behind the field I am umpiring and I on a different day when this team wasn’t playing several members cussed at me and threatened me (they really hate me). The thing is we meet at the shed about 45 minutes before game time when most of the teams aren’t there yet. My question is what if when I arrive I go on to that field (on the actual field) and tell the coaches (both coaches not just the one I expect trouble from) that my jurisdiction has begun anything your players say to me out there will be the same as if they say it during a game. I’ve read that rule about 50 times and i can't see anything stopping that loophole. What do you guys think?

Bare in mind that as soon as i step on the field I am an objective umpire so i know neither team I have just meet them that moment so I would not be looking for trouble just have my good old ejection finger incase someone brings trouble to me.

[Edited by drumbum565 on Jun 20th, 2005 at 01:03 AM]