View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 02:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mj
I believe there is regionalism in high school as well. I read on here about how you are all "whacking" them for this and for that. I have not given an unsportsman-like T in over two years, coaches included.

Now maybe it's that I'm mellowing out a little but I know in my area there are very few T's handed out.

High School officiating is very regional. Out of all the time I have been an official and come to this site and others, you learn very quickly what is done in your area does not apply to other areas. I remember one time we got into a big discussion about a certain rule application and just about everyone said this rule was so important and should be applied to the letter. Later that summer I attended a camp and this very rule came into question. The camp was run by the head clinician of our state and not only was his opinion completely contrary to many here, he made it clear as officials we had better things to worry about.

I have also noticed that guys on this site give Ts for all kinds of thing I would never give a T for. Or at least where I am officials talk to players and coaches. This is definitely a regional thing. Because those that give a lot of Ts, usually are not respected. It is really the case if the Ts given for very technical actions.

Peace