View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 15, 2005, 12:44pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Downtown

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim C
I follow the Cece Carlucci philosophy that I only call balks that every one sees. Does that mean I would not have called the famous IBB balk of the other night, who knows? -- If I was there, working under Dave Yeast and he had told me to get serious and call balks I would HOPE I would have had the stones to call that specific balk.
This is interesting and I'd like clarification, please. Tim C, assuming that you aren't working under Dave Yeast, would you not be calling the "bounce" set delivery a balk, even with R1 (a steal threat). Not everyone sees this illegal move, and it would be adventageous to the defense if a balk is not going to be called.

But I agree with the above statement in principle. Last night the offensive coach wanted me to go digging for boggers because F1 stepped on the rubber and remembered that he needed to go from the stretch and sloppily disengaged to get into the stretch. Offense was dominating a weaker defensive team and run-ruled them that inning...My partner and I both saw it but declined the coach's invitation.