View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 18, 2001, 10:10pm
Administrator

It appears that JRutledge missed the point of my posting. Belonging to IAABO is not about getting games. It is just like any technical organization in anyother profession. It exists so that officials can become better officials. Not all civil engineers belong to the ASCE and not all medical doctors belong to the AMA but the vast majority do because they benefit in many intangible and tangible ways. Remember, IAABO is primary purpose to the education and training of basketball officials and not to assign games.

Yes, IAABO is strong the the Northeast and it does assign games and you must belong to IAABO to get assigned games, but that is no different than being registered by your state high school athletic association to be able to officiate in your state.

Belonging to IAABO in the Northeast is not unlike belonging to the Southern California Basketball Officials Assn. in the Los Angeles area. The CIF does not register officials, and you have to belong to the SCBOA to be able to officate in California.

I think that I have spoke enough. Check out the IAABO website: http://www.IAABO.org, and join it for a year. The worst that can happen is that you will get a tax deduction for the year.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio