View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 12, 2005, 01:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by eventnyc
I'm not going to chime in on this just yet. I'd like your analysis of both situations and why you ruled as you did.

Play situation number 1:

Player B-2 approaches A-1 who is dribbling the ball in his front court from behind. B-2 is out of the visual field of A-1 (he doesn't have eyes behind his head). B-2, having no reasonable chance to play the ball without making contact, reaches in and hits the ball which ricochets to B-1. Minor contact is made to A-1's left hip.

RULING -

Play situation number 2:

Player B-2 approaches A-1 who is dribbling the ball in his front court from behind. B-2 is out of the visual field of A-1 (he doesn't have eyes behind his head). B-2, having no reasonable chance to play the ball without making contact, reaches in and hits the ball which ricochets out of bounds without being touched again. Minor contact is made to A-1's left hip. What if the contact was more severe?

RULING -

I am using the thread as a training tool. Thanks for your input!
I don't really know what you're looking for here. There's no definitive answer to either of your plays. As w_sohl stated, your idea and my idea of what is inor contact maybe totally different.

But I will say this: the fact that B2 is outside of A1's visual field has absolutely nothing to do with whether a foul is called of not.