Get away from me, Steve.

Re: No no no

Quote:
Originally posted by David B
Quote:
Originally posted by DG
Quote:
Originally posted by tmp44
15-16 yr olds, FED rules, I'm BU. Team B (visitors) is up 7-2 going into the Bottom of the 5th. Team A has made a comeback and it's now 7-6 with 1 out. Team B brings in a new F1 who on first pitch throws a ball. On the pitch, I was in the C. As the pitcher gets the ball back from the catcher, he looks into the Team A dugout (3rd base line) and yells "Oh so we're going to start talking sh!t now!" I immediately called time and ejected F1. At no time did I hear anything come from Team A's dugout, and there had been no problems before this in the game. Team B HC didn't complain to me directly, but I heard him say later that it was one of the weakest ejections he had ever seen. Did I jump the gun here? If so, what should I have done? For you coaches out there, what would your perspective of this had been if you were 1) Team B coach and 2) Team A coach?
If it was loud enough for everyone to hear toss him and don't give it another thought.
As Steve said, this is big boys ball and you let them do some of these things.

There had to be something said to instigate it.

Simply stop it with a warning and play.

I'd hate to be playing in a game with all of the "rabbit ear" umpires I'm reading on this board.

Thanks
David
You've hit on one of my pet peeves, David. You cannot possibly have RABBIT EARS when it involves partcipants in the game, whether on the field, in the dugout, etc. If it's said loud enough for you to hear it, it becomes a game management decision at that point. Ignore it, shut the player up, eject -- those are all possible outcomes, but don't use the phrase "rabbit ears" as if it's the umpire's fault he heard something from someone involved in the game.

Anyone playing in a game that makes any reference to rabbit ears get ejected immediately.