View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 08, 2005, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Tough call on this one. Sounds like you might have been quick on the trigger. However, I look at all things considered in these kinds of situations. Most important is did anyone else hear him besides you? By your post, he " yells " to the A Dugout. If it was loud enough for others to hear it, I have to say he is gone. Although it is not the F word, if you allow it, the F word is forthcoming. I feel confident of that. So you nip it in the bud.
His comments will start a dialogue back and forth that will escalate quickly and put YOU on the spot as to how you are going to handle it.

The other option here would be to address F1 directly with a firm warning and let the coach know that was their last warning. Ejections will be next. Since you heard nothing from A Dugout ( I'm presuming your partner didn't either ), that's as far as I would go. But I would be alert to any possible taunting from Team A. And the ejection to any Team A member would be swift, since they knew Team B had been warned. I would interpret their taunting as an attempt to get Team A members tossed. UC.
Just my humble opinion.

You didn't mention if things went smoothly for you after that.
If they did, then you made the RIGHT call.
Sheffield Lake, Ohio